Most of the information on findCRA’s nonprofit profiles is public data that we’ve aggregated from over 20 trusted government and industry resources, including:
- The U.S. Census Bureau
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- The Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) Fund
- The Small Business Administration
- The Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC)
- The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- The National Center for Charitable Statistics (NCCS)
To ensure the integrity and reliability of our nonprofit profiles, any public data we incorporate into nonprofit profiles from these sources cannot be edited by nonprofit users.
We do give nonprofit users the ability to update certain profile fields, however, to provide more insight into their organization and better tell their CRA story to bankers. The information that nonprofits can edit on their profiles is outlined in our Help Center article, What information can I edit on my nonprofit profile?